Gibney Steel Products Ltd
Moylagh, Oldcastle, Co. Meath, Ireland, A82 KT97
Ph: 00353 49 8541302 Fax: 00353 49 8541760
At Gibney Group (Moylagh) Ltd., we take your privacy seriously. It is important that you know exactly what we do with personal information that you and others provide us, why we gather it and what it means to you. This document is being provided to you in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25th May 2018. It explains the most important aspects of how we use your information and what rights you have in relation to your personal information.
1. Who we are
Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer to Gibney Group (Moylagh) Ltd – Gibney Steel Products Ltd & Ag-Con Products Ltd.
Gibney Steel Products is a Limited Company registered in Ireland and operating since 1973. Ag-Con Products is a Limited Company registered in Belfast, N. Ireland and operating since 2002. We manufacture a wide range of quality agricultural products.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and Data Protection representatives can be contacted by calling into us, by email through our contact page on our website www.gibneysteel.com, by postal mail to Gibney Steel Products Ltd., Moylagh, Oldcastle, Co. Meath, A82 KT97 or by contacting 049 8541302.
2. The information we collect about you
We will hold:
- Data to identify you, including your contact information;
- Information which you have consented to us using.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you place an order or log a query through our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and details of the products you are interested in.
3. Data security
We have taken extra steps to ensure the data you provide us is dealt with in a safe manner.
- Our website is hosted on SSL (secure socket layer) which means communications between the site and the server are fully encrypted i.e. when you submit a contact form.
- E-mails sent to us by the website are sent via TLS (Transport Layer Security) and are fully encrypted.
- Statistics: from time to time we use statistics on the website which provide us with essential information such as most visited pages, where users are coming from i.e. search engines, links etc. These are set up to NOT track your full IP address and therefore do not store personal data.
- Our website is hosted in Ireland.
- Our e-mails are hosted within the EU.
4. When we collect your information
We collect information: (i) you give us; (ii) information from your use of our products. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
5. How we use your information
We use your data where:
- You have agreed or explicitly consented to the using of your data in a specific way (you may withdraw your consent at any time);
- Use is necessary to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- Use is necessary because we must comply with a legal obligation.
6. How we use automated processing
We may analyse your information using automated means to:
- Help us understand your needs and develop our relationship with you;
- To help us to offer you products and service information we believe will be of interest to you.
7. Who we share your information with
We may share your information with some trusted third parties:
- Credit reference / rating agencies;
- Internal financial controller;
- Statutory and regulatory bodies (including central and local government) and law enforcement authorities;
- IT MSP Technical Support and Maintenance (Phone / Computer services).
- Delivery services e.g. Company Logistics, Couriers, Shipping Companies & Postal Services
8. How long we hold your data
How long we hold your data for is subject to legislation and regulatory rules we must follow. The revenue requires for at least 6 full tax years. Different retention periods apply to different types of data, and we will retain your data only for as long as it is necessary.
9. Implications of not providing your data
If you do not provide information we may not be able to provide a quote, raise an invoice or create payment.
We will tell you when we ask for information which is not a contractual requirement or is not needed to comply with our legal obligations.
10. How to exercise your information rights including the right to object
From 25 May 2018, you will have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information, including the right, without undue delay, to:
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of your information;
- Have inaccurate / incomplete information corrected and updated;
- Object to use of your personal data for our legitimate business interests or direct marketing purposes;
- In certain circumstances, to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted;
- Exercise the right to data portability (i.e. obtain a transferable copy of your information we hold to transfer to another provider); and
- To withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
11. How to contact us and / or our Data Protection Officer
If you have questions about how we use your information, you can reach our Data Protection Officer by calling into us, by email through our contact page on our website www.gibneysteel.com, by postal mail to Gibney Steel Products Ltd., Moylagh, Oldcastle, Co. Meath, A82 KT97 or by contacting 049 8541302.
12.Changes to this notice
We will update our Data Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes we make will be set out here, so you are always aware what information we collect, how we collect it and under what circumstances, if any we disclose it.
Dated May 2018